Thursday, January 6, 2011

Best quote of the day

"Jeans are always pants but pants aren't always jeans." --Megan

This (of course) is referring to the passive aggressive scolding I received from my underage manager the other day.  Apparently this company has gone classy on me and while black pants are appropriate work attire, black jeans are the devil.  I, naturally, was wearing the later and instead of simply informing me of the policy, I was told (gossip-style) that another employee had the AUDACITY to call and ask if she could wear black jeans to work.  I assume the reaction my manager expected was nervous laughter followed by nervous sweating followed by me vowing to never wear my trusty (and rather sexy) black jeans again.  Hell, she may have even thought there was a chance I would strip them off in front of her as an act of pure devotion to the franchise.  Instead, my response was "Ha! That's funny, because I'm wearing black jeans right now and if they care, they can buy me new pants because lord knows I don't have the money"   HER response? "Or you could just cut out Starbucks."


I left space for you to gasp like I did.  I go back to work on Sunday. In jeans.

No comments:

Post a Comment